Advertise Here

World Title Could be Decided at The Encanto Pro.


The last time two-time world champion and IBA Grand Slam Series tour leader Jeff Hubbardwent to Puerto Rico was in 1999. Next week he returns to Puerto Rico, hoping to win theEncanto Pro and his third world title. The only thing stopping the tour leader from winning is 31 of the world’s best bodyboarders. A win for any of the top ten riders in Puerto Rico will result in a showdown across the Atlantic, in the Canary Islands, in the final leg of the world tour.
“I haven’t been doing a whole lot besides surfing and stretching and core exercises. I’ve been trying to figure out what kind of waves are similar to that wave in Puerto Rico and I’ve been watching some YouTube clips of that wave and surfing waves that are similar here in Hawaii. I’m getting ready for whatever mother-nature and God throws at us”, says Hubbard.



The Encanto Pro in Puerto Rico, from the 2nd to the 13th of November will by far, be the most exciting event to watch live on this year’s IBA world tour. The predominantly right-hand reef known as Middles offers deep barrel rides as well as big bowls, allowing riders to showcase their abilities on all parts of the wave, be it above the lip or inside the tube.
“I think the wave is like the Hawaii of the Atlantic. I am looking forward to this event”, says world number two Guilherme Tamega.
“Hubb is definitely the man to beat at the moment. The fact that is it is righthanders gives me confidence because all of my local breaks are rights, so I feel a bit stronger. It’s a huge task, but something I think is doable”, says world number three Ryan Hardy.
“I think it’s going to be pretty awesome. I have a feeling the Puerto Rican people are going to put on a cool show for us and there is going to be a good vibe and everyone is going to be having a really good time, says Jeff Hubbard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Independent announces lineup for Los Angeles Film Festival.

Greenpeace protest at Mattel

Alex Uranga Wins 2011 Nissan Reunion Bodyboard Pro!